Date and oat balls paired with a fruit tisane tea | Vegan sweets
A healthy and sweet energy ball. Bliss or energy balls are a fantastic snack that you can prepare in advance and store in the fridge or freezer, making them the perfect healthy snack when you are craving something sweet. There are many varieties and are so easy to make. We would like to show you a few different bliss ball recipes and start today with dates and oats. You can make them in bulk and freeze them, so you have enough treats for a few weeks. These date and oat balls taste so good and will give you a boost when you are feeling low on energy and a bit hungry – but without the sugar and empty calories.
A fruit tea called tisane
As we are talking healthy snacks, how about enjoying them with a beautiful organic fruit tea? Well, technically, a fruit tea is not a ´tea´ as it doesn´t contain any leaves from the tea plant Camellia sinensis and is therefore caffeine free. It is a ´tisane´ which means a beverage without tea leaves. So we should call it ´fruit tisane´, but usually it is referred to as ´fruit tea´.
Semper Tea offers organic fruit teas or tisanes, pure and natural with many healthy ingredients. Fruit teas are known as a healthy alternative to caffeinated drinks loaded with vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
Bliss balls – mix and roll – so easy
What we love most about these delicious balls is how easy they are made. No baking, no cooking – you just need a blender, a handful of ingredients and 20 minutes of your time.
Energy balls recipe – Date & Oat bliss balls
Makes 12 balls
- 1 cup dates
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 3/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 tbsp organic cacao powder
- 1 tbsp peanut butter (or honey)
- Place the dates in a bowl and cover with hot water – let sit for 20-30 min until soft
- Drain the dates and keep the liquid
- Place drained dates, oats, coconut, peanut butter (or honey) and cacao in a blender / food processor
- Add approximately 1/4 of the date liquid to the mix and process (if you need a little more liquid, add it slowly until the mix holds its shape. If you put in too much liquid, just add some of oats to balance)
- Roll mixture into little balls and if you wish, in some extra dried coconut
- Store balls in the fridge
If you would like to have these bliss balls ready in the freeze, just double your ingredients and make some more.
Enjoy this delicious and healthy snack with a relaxing, organic fruit tea from Semper Tea. Just bliss.
Visit our online shop and discover our two tea lines:
Semper Tea is well-known as a tea supplier for hotels, restaurants and cafes but also of fine food shops.
Semper Company Tea & More, S.L.
P. I. Alcalá X, Calle 4 N 6.
41500 Alcalá de Guadaíra.
Seville – Spain
T: +34 954 30 79 36
F: +34 954 30 09 42